Saturday, November 9, 2019

When Queens Ride By

Photo Credit John Collier, Queen Guinevere's Maying

I found this great story, "When Queens Ride By," it touched my heart, so I wanted to share and hopefully touch your heart.  As I have thought about this story I have pondered upon my role as a mother, wife, teacher, and homemaker. I've asked myself  "Am I  grateful for where I am and what I am accomplishing? And am I fulling my role as a mother?" I believe that each of us are given divine roles as mothers, wives, fathers, and husbands and we each have our own unique qualities that we add to our families and homes.

As you listen to or read When Queens Ride By, pay attention to Jennie, even though this story takes place in 1926, many of her challenges are the same as women face today.

Some things to watch for include:

She didn't take the time to get dressed or wash her hair. Her appearance wasn't high on her list.  It's like wearing leggings, sweatpants, or pjs all day.

She had to leave the kids to entertain themselves.  In our day it would be like leaving them to video games, Ipads, phones or coming home to an empty house.

Jennie and her husband were at the point of almost losing their home due to a large mortgage. 

She had a hard time keeping up with housework, laundry and dishes were left undone.  I can relate here. It seems the laundry keeps growing.

She felt like she didn't have time to cook proper meals or to sit down for a meal. 

She felt self-pity for herself. 

She felt like she no time for her relationship with her husband.

She thought "This work is too hard for a woman," yet she felt like she couldn't leave it to her husband and trust that the work would get done.

She wanted more. Never happy with what she had.  She wanted to keep up with what everyone else had.

In many ways, I felt that I could relate to Jennie.  It is easy to get caught up in what we don't have and forget the many blessing that we do have.   As you discover this story, I hope that you recognize that you are queens and as women, you have an important role to play.

When Queens Ride By
Listen to the Podcast here: When A Queen Rides By

What tips and tricks do you have to help you recognize your importance?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...