Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Secret Garden Notebooking Pages and Copy Work

The Secret Garden

I am still reading the Secret Garden to my children and we are loving it.  If you have followed me on my homeschool journey, you know that I use copywork in our school day.  I feel that there are so many benefits to writing well-written sentences and practicing handwriting through copywork.   I have taken the time to create a piece of copywork with quotes from The Secret Garden.  I am providing this to you free, so please do not alter my work but feel free to share with a link back to my site.  I love feedback, so leave a comment below.

To help your students with filling out the notebooking pages begin by asking them questions such as:

1. Who are the main characters in the book?
2. How are Mary and Colin related?
3. Who is Dicken Sowerby?
4. Why is the garden locked and why is it forbidden to enter the garden?
5. Why is Mary so angry?
6. How does Mary gain entrance to the garden? 
7. What is the main theme of the book?
8. Describe the closing scene of the book.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...