Thursday, June 4, 2015

Story of the World Ch 4

The Old Kingdom of Egypt (3000-2100BC)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks of great pyramids and mummies when I think of Ancient Egypt.  My kids love the units on Egypt.  I love the way Story of the World puts history into a fun format and easy to understand reading, but I feel that I need to supplement each chapter with more information.  I have found several videos on pyramids, but found it a little harder  to find videos on mummies that I wanted to show to my children, as some pictures of mummies aren't the prettiest.  If you know of any great mummy videos, please send them my way.  



Please view all videos before showing them to your children to determine if they meet your standards. 

The Great Pyramid Mystery Solved


Ancient Egypt for Kids


How Were the Pyramids Built


Inside the Great Pyramid of Giza - National Geographic


Egypt: Great Pyramids

Mummification ("Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day)


There are several activities you can do with this chapter:

Build a cookie map of Egypt

Print out this pyramid and put it together

Make your own mummy and mummy case

Check out this great lapbook that folds up into a pyramid

Play Mummy Maker and learn about how mummies were made

I read it in the book of the dead - website to learn about mummies



Make a pyramid out of Lego's - a favorite of my Lego builder. 









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...