Monday, June 1, 2015

13 Articles of Faith Copy Work

I have been busily working on a new project to share with all of you.  For my beginning writer I like to give him copywork.  I feel that with copywork he can practice forming letters,  he can see correct spelling, and he can see how sentences are pieced together.  In giving my children copywork, I wanted them to be able to learn something while at it.  This year my kids worked on memorizing the LDS 13 Articles of Faith.  I felt like copywork was a good way to accomplish that so I have put together a set of the Articles of Faith for writing practice.


The Articles of Faith were written in 1842 by the Prophet Joseph Smith.  He had received a letter from Mr. Wentworth, a newspaper publisher in Chicago, Illinois.  Mr. Wentworth asked Joseph about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  As Joseph answered the letter, he was inspired to write thirteen statements that contain many of the beliefs of the church.  These statements became the Articles of Faith.

I am offering my work to you for free, so please do not alter or sell my work.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...